Ocean County Retired Educators Association
Philanthropic Fund College Scholarship
This award of $1,000 is for one year (non-renewable) to a student who:
- will graduate from an Ocean County public high school this year.
- has been accepted
- to a 2 or 4-year college and is pursuing a degree in education or been accepted
- by an accredited trade/technical school to earn certification in a vocational field of work.
- is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
The applicants must submit the following:
- the completed application form, click here to download.
- a high school transcript with SAT scores, GPA, and rank in class.
- two letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from a teacher at the high school. Letters must include contact information. An applicant’s relative may not provide a letter of recommendation.
- a brief but revealing essay as to why you are pursuing a career in education or a statement of goals if you are attending a trade/technical school, typed double-spaced in 14 pt. font.
- a list of extracurricular activities, athletics, community services, honors, and employment.
All information must be postmarked on or before April 1, 2020 to:
Attn.: Edithe Fulton
537 River Terrace
Toms River, New Jersey 08755
Support the OCREA PHILANTHROPIC FUND
Support Ocean County’s future educators by donating to the OCREA Philanthropic Fund. Send checks, payable to OCREAPF to:
2017 Baltimore Ave.
Ortley Beach, NJ 08751.
For memorial donations, please include the name and address of the person to receive the acknowledgement.
Thank you for your support.